Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: UPS rate help

avforsale is offline Junior Member

Default UPS rate help

I am trying to figure out how the UPS rates are actually working. Any changes I make bring back the exact same results. I have gone over the RT and negotiated set up, I have changed product size and weight, I have entered a discount to my shipping value and I get the exact same result each time, which by the way is about 30% higher than it should be when compared to UPS worldship. I found the issue when testing out adding several small items to a cart and noticing that the shipping was just doubling then tripping, which is not accurate for the small items. I then found that any change I made brought back the same results. I offer free shipping on carts over $100, but don't want to scare away customers with high shipping on the small carts as well.

Thoughts?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Try to specify dimensions (Length x Width x Height) on your product, and see how the rates coming up. What version are you on?

We are on AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

I have tried with and without dims as well as changing them. I even changed weight to 60 lbs and get the same rate as 0.5 lbs.

We can investigate it and see what's going on, but you'll have to submit a ticket to support. thanks

Here is what I learned today...
    You must remove an item from your shopping cart and add it again to see the results of any changes you make to shipping behavior in the admin. Pretty easy to understand past that...

Ah, yeah. If the product was added to your shopping cart already prior to making those changes, then that was the reason why the rates came up the same. Those products you've added to the cart were stored already to a certain table with the original attributes, the new edited value won't get reflected until you've added it again.