Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Excel Import, Product Images and Buy Link field

juggernaut is offline Junior Member

Question Excel Import, Product Images and Buy Link field

Hi All,
    I am uploading over 1000 products to my store using the excel and XML import feature and have a few questions:

1. When I upload the products I have a image link that gets uploaded but in order for me to see the product images I have to go to each one and click the update button, both for the product and for the variant, is this the only way for me to get the images to show?

2. In the variant for each product under the INFO tab there is a field called Buy Link this field is not mentioned in any of the import documentation and I was wondering if there was a way to include that field in my import, since my site is affiliate based this is a critical link to have. How do I import to this field?

3. Whenever I import products and then update them via import I have to go back and update each product and variant again manually in order for the images to show again, can find know documentation that explains this, how do I update product information and not have to go to the admin to update each product and variant?

Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

See the answers below:

1. You'd need to customize the source to do this. By default, product images should be stored in the {root}/images/product/(Icon, Medium, Large, Micro) folders, you could either upload them manually in the Image manager or do it as bulk import via WSI and enable image filename override. See our WSI manual(WSI Operations -> Product) for details.

2. Are you seeing that in the admin or in the front-end? Not sure what exactly you are referring, can you send us a screenshot to take a look?

3. As for this one, please send in a ticket to support and will investigate.