Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shared or dedicated hosting

caraj is offline Member

Default Shared or dedicated hosting

I would love to go dedicated but we are running a really small store right now and the cost not feasible right now for us.

Our current provider does not do windows shared.

I am going to look at godaddy shared windows plans right now.

2 questions:
    A: does anyone use godaddy hosting?
    B: Anyone use shared hosting and if so with what company and how well does it work for you?

THANKS!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

A - We generally recommend that you stay away from GoDaddy's shared hosting accounts. They've only just recently even granted the DB access necessary to create and manage a site there at all, and the few customers we've heard from who set up there found the environment to be very limited in resources and slow.

B - Shared hosting is very common for small-medium sites. We've got a list of recommended hosts that all provide good shared hosting options at http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/t-hosting.aspx

caraj is offline Member

THanks for the response
    How about Go Daddy dedicated Virtual Server?
    Will this also be slow and limited?

caraj is offline Member

I am told that even the Virtual dedicated from Go Daddy is NOT recommended for use with aspdnsf. So it looks like I am going with the partner Server intellect.