Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Make the StoreFront do something automatically

MichaelCN is offline Junior Member

Default Make the StoreFront do something automatically

I want the site to work like this:

Everyday the storefront could export all the new orders automatically. And I do not need to enter the admin to click some buttons.

Could that be done in the asp.net?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There's nothing built-in that could do this, but it's doable given a few modifications to set this up, you must have programming knowledge (C#, XML, etc), of course. The best approach I've seen that could do this is to use the EventHandler interface. In the Admin site go to the EventHandlers menu and find the NewOrder event and set the CallOut URL. You can specify and xmlpackage to use to create an XML document to send (the default event handler package has a small section in it to send data now but it only sends the OrderNumber which comes into the package as Runtime parameter). Since you are needing a lot of order data it would be best for you to create a custom package to generate your xml, the shape of which would be completely up to you.

Alternatively, you could do a bulk export of orders also via the WSI interface. See the WSI manual for details.

MichaelCN is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    There's nothing built-in that could do this, but it's doable given a few modifications to set this up, you must have programming knowledge (C#, XML, etc), of course. The best approach I've seen that could do this is to use the EventHandler interface. In the Admin site go to the EventHandlers menu and find the NewOrder event and set the CallOut URL. You can specify and xmlpackage to use to create an XML document to send (the default event handler package has a small section in it to send data now but it only sends the OrderNumber which comes into the package as Runtime parameter). Since you are needing a lot of order data it would be best for you to create a custom package to generate your xml, the shape of which would be completely up to you.

Alternatively, you could do a bulk export of orders also via the WSI interface. See the WSI manual for details.
    Shall I do it like this?
    In the AppLogic.cs file, there is a function Custom_ApplicationStart_Logic, I add a Timer in this function, every time when the site is ran, the timer will take effect.
    And the export will be done when the Timer reaches the end line.