Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Hiding Countries

rpaa is offline Junior Member

Default Hiding Countries

As of now, we're only taking orders in the US. I've only seen the ability to delete a country in the admin console.

1. Is there a way to hide them instead of deleting? I'm sure at some point in the future we'll be doing international orders so I'd like to avoid having to enter them back in.

2. What are the ramifications to deleting a country? I imagine they are linked to the provinces in some way, does deleting then reentering a country affect this in anyway?

3. I've had a couple of customers bill from an international location, but ship to the US, so their order was processed. If I delete their country, does that mess up their DB record/history?

I appreciate any insight!

Thanks,
    ~ Al

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

1 - It would take a little customization to leave the countries set up in the admin site but not display on the front end. Nothing too difficult, but you'd need the source.

2 - Deleting countries won't hurt anything, the state/counties can always be set back to use that country when they're re-added.

3 - Removing those countries will prevent customers from being able to register international addresses, for billing or shipping. If you want to allow them to do that, you have to leave the countries in place. It won't hurt existing orders to remove those.