Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Clearing IsNew Download Items.

marmstrong is offline Junior Member

Default Clearing IsNew Download Items.

So, we sell some products that must be shipped seperately to avoid being damaged. We've added the shipping cost into the price of these item and elected not to ship this item. In the admin, it shows up as a download item.

The problem is, when we get an order for one of these items by itself, we can't finalize the order.

Typically, Once we enter in the tracking number and mark an order as shipped, it clears the IsNew Flag and stops showing up in the "View/Manage Orders" Tab. However, I can't figure out a way to clear these out. Ultimately, they end up cluttering up the "View/Manage Orders" tab. Really, I'm just tired of looking at them. Is there a way I can clear these out?

Thanks for your help!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What do you mean you can't finalize the order?

The IsNew flag in the order indicates that a certain order is new, obviously. Once the carrier, tracking number, and shipping date are filled in, clicking the 'Mark As Shipped' button sends the customer an email with their shipping information. This also removes the 'IsNew' flag from the order, so it will no longer show up in the list of orders on this page unless you search for it or the New Orders radio button is set to no (see below).

Name:  order.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  29.4 KB