Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: variants and sku same length

dfree99 is offline Member

Default variants and sku same length

We would like to connect our store to a point of sale system. This POS system requires a six-digit sku number. No problem. And their POS requires that every variant will have its own sku number. No problem.

But the POS system requires that all sku's be six digits.

My understanding is that sku's for variants re handled by sku modifiers - an extension onto the sku number.

Is there a way to force the sku's for the main product to have the same number of digits as the sku's for the variants to that product? We need the product and the variants to both have six digits.

I hope this makes sense. Is this possible?

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default SKU numbers

Probably you will need to translate the SKU numbers. Limiting to 6 digits makes pulling stock a nightmare. I would create an SQL table with the translations of SKU's between the two systems.