Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about products showing

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Question about products showing

We have had several customer call to say "why do you not sale X anymore". We do sale X and have it in stock. We check the admin and it shows plenty of inventory, it is marked as published and not deleted. Bam, after viewing in the admin the customer says it is now showing up.

We now reproduced it ourselves. I entered in a product into the search, it gave me the results, I clicked the product and it took me to p-754-x.aspx .. however the page was blank.

Product X belongs to manufacturer Z. I browsed by manufacturer and went to Z and product X did not exist. I went into the admin, went to the product and verified it was published, had inventory, etc. As soon as I did that I went back to the site and refreshed the page ... the p-754-x.aspx now shows the product.

Has anyone else seen this? I can reproduce it on demand but it happens off and on.

Version 8.0.12
    Last edited by ssgumby; 12-16-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: adding version

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Are you setting HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel to any value? What's the inventory level of those products that weren't showing sometimes? Could you do a Reset cache?

HideProductsWithLessThanThisInventoryLevel is set to 0.

This product has 3 variants with inventory of 22, 13, 27

Resetting cache could help, but it would just happen again. We only knew it happened due to customers contacting us then we finally saw it ourself.

It's my first time to hear this on the latest build. Have any customization to Aspdnsf_ProductInfo stored proc or any of your product xmlpackage? I could just not replicate this locally.

No modifications to any stored procs. The only mod to this xml package is adding the share this code.

We reproduced it tonight. Phone order entry, entered a description in the product search, clicked a link in the results and a blank page was presented. The layout header, footer and left nav all render just the content section is blank.

Can't reproduce it on demand, but so far everytime it has happened has been clicking a link from the search results. Very consistently viewing the same product in the admin will then allow it to show on the main site as well.

Jao is offline Senior Member

This doesn't to occur on my local end, as well as to any of our local machines here. There must be some configuration that forces the product to be ignored. Please check how it is mapped. Let's start from there...

Hi Jao,

Doesnt happen consistently here either. Very random. As far as "how its mapped" what does that mean? It is mapped to several categories.

empirechrome is offline Junior Member

I am having this issue as well. Did anyone ever come up with a fix?

No fix, no one can reproduce it consistently. We have it happen several times a week but have not been able to "make" it happen at will.

Send this to support and will help you investigate. We can't replicate this either with our stock install, will definitely need your DB to troubleshoot.