Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

View Poll Results: Which Browser do you use most often?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft IE

4 12.12%
  • Mozilla Firefox

12 36.36%
  • Google Chrome

17 51.52%

Thread: Using Google Chrome?

Sean is offline Member

Default Using Google Chrome?

Anyone using Google Chrome on a regular basis? Perhaps more frequently than IE or Firefox?

The Chrome engine loads the storefront admin swiftly, haven't had any issues with Chrome yet. Curious if others out there are using the Google browser on a regular basis.

Sean.
    Last edited by Sean; 12-16-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: I've added a poll to this thread
    /// Sean ///

Rob is offline Senior Member

Loaded it a few months back, no issues perceived (good job Google) but don't use it on regular basis. Using FF for now. Good thread, other experiences welcome.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

rpaa is offline Junior Member

I've been using Chrome as my default browser since it came out. No problems whatsoever. Loads the admin and store fast (ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2). No issues with maintaining the store (topics, products, customer / order management, coupons, appconfig, etc).

As for the store, no customer complaints or errors from any browser. Surprising, chrome only represents 2.32% of our visitors, I thought it'd be more than that since it's good browser.

estephen is offline Senior Member

I use Chrome *most* of the time.

Chrome is overall very fast compared to my Firefox which got progressively slower over time. But Firefox is also more robust in terms of features, e.g. - searching through history. And Chrome doesn't have the add-ins that I'm used to with Firefox either. Generally trade-offs I'm willing to live with for faster page loads and a smaller footprint.

There are times when I personally find Firefox is a must have...

We use Fedex online shipping manager which doesn't officially support Chrome yet. Also, Chrome printing is very weak in that you cannot configure headers and footers, margins, etc. like you can with Firefox, so all shipping labels come from Firefox for now.

Development tools in Firefox like Web Developer and Firebug are a must have for site design. So I use Firefox when doing dev work for access to those tools.

P.S. - IE is a paper weight on my computer desktop except to validate site design.

watergirl is offline Junior Member

I loaded it onto my dinosaur of a computer a few months ago (a computer that my son has loaded god knows what on to) and it was SO much faster as a result. Bought a new laptop a few days ago and it was the first thing I loaded. Love it!

Sean is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by estephen View Post
    I use Chrome *most* of the time.

Chrome is overall very fast compared to my Firefox which got progressively slower over time. But Firefox is also more robust in terms of features, e.g. - searching through history. And Chrome doesn't have the add-ins that I'm used to with Firefox either. Generally trade-offs I'm willing to live with for faster page loads and a smaller footprint.
    I know how you feel about add-ons, or in Chrome "extensions". Some are an absolute must have. There are a HUGE number of extensions available now for Chrome, some even quicker loading and functioning than Firefox. The page loads are so much faster in some cases, it simply hurts to switch back.

Quote Originally Posted by estephen View Post
    There are times when I personally find Firefox is a must have...

We use Fedex online shipping manager which doesn't officially support Chrome yet. Also, Chrome printing is very weak in that you cannot configure headers and footers, margins, etc. like you can with Firefox, so all shipping labels come from Firefox for now.

Development tools in Firefox like Web Developer and Firebug are a must have for site design. So I use Firefox when doing dev work for access to those tools.

P.S. - IE is a paper weight on my computer desktop except to validate site design.

Yes, there are a few times when Chrome is not recognized, thankfully those instances have been far and few between.

Dev tools are coming fast and strong on Chrome as well. I'm sure within 90 days we will have tools that equal Firefox in that area.

Though Chrome is faster, significantly in some cases, than even Firefox...Firefox is a marathon runner compared to IE. IE is great though.....it makes a nice shiny blue icon on my desktop!
    /// Sean ///

baba is offline Senior Member

I use chrome and in the admin module --> Topic --> on the WYSIYG editor when i add the javascript i totally screws up the page.

Anyone facing the same problem on Chrome?
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

art_r is offline Junior Member

Use chrome most of the time at home and work.

After that FF, Opera and IE. Generally only use IE to check changes to our sites as it renders the most different to everything else.

One little issue I have with chrome is it sets my local to en-US within ADNSF, even though I have changed and checked a hundred times its language settings (why it doesn't just use system I don't know). So it will bring back the stores en-US language which is wrong in places for our location.

Otherwise find it very fast and now supporting extensions like the good ole FF can't go wrong.

on the language switching, are you setting it in one browser and then going to chrome? (cookies are browser specific)

or are you in chrome the entire time and it's still not sticking?
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

The poll at top is not scientific either. As of today, the latest stats i've seen indicate:

FF: 46%
    IE: 31%
    Chrome: 10%
    Safari: 9%
    Other: 2%

hopefully that adds up to 100
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

medichoice is offline Junior Member

Default Using Chrome

I was using Chrome all the time until it started timing out very frequently.
    Now using IE9

Jonabbin is offline Junior Member

Default Using Google Chrome?

Load it after few days , no issues perceived (good job Google) but don't use it on regular basis. Using FF for now.