Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Fees

apastue@kingpar.com is offline Junior Member

Default Google Fees

I am trying to export an xml data feed for google. I was able to successfully get the feed to work, however the feed did not have enough information the required to upload to google. The feed is missing manufacture and attributes. Is there a way to specify what is returned in the google feed.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Not directly through the admin section, no. However the googlebase feed is entirely contained within an xmlpackage, so to send additional information all you have to do is edit that package to send. For example, so get the proper manufacturer, just add the manufacturer name to the query at the top of the package (new code red)
    Code:
    select p.productid, m.name as Manufacturer, p.name, isnull(pv.name, '') VariantName, p.description, p.sename, p.ImageFileNameOverride, p.SKU, isnull(p.FroogleDescription, '') ProductFroogleDescription, p.SEKeywords,
        p.ManufacturerPartNumber, pv.price, isnull(pv.saleprice, 0) saleprice, isnull(pv.FroogleDescription, '') VariantFroogleDescription, isnull(pv.description, '') VariantDescr,
    ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY p.productid) AS ROW
    from dbo.product p 
        join dbo.productvariant pv on p.productid = pv.productid
        left join dbo.productmanufacturer pm on pm.productid = p.productid
        left join dbo.manufacturer on m.manufacturerid = pm.manufacturerid
        left join (select variantid, sum(quan) inventory from dbo.inventory group by variantid) i on pv.variantid = i.variantid
    where p.IsSystem=0 
        and p.deleted = 0
    Then add a parameter to the list of parameters in the Product template in the xmlpackage (again, new code in red)
    Code:
    <xsl:param name="ItemImage" select="aspdnsf:ProductImageUrl(productid, ImageFileNameOverride, SKU, 'medium', 1)"></xsl:param>
    <xsl:param name="ManufacturerPartNumber" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(ManufacturerPartNumber)"></xsl:param>
    <xsl:param name="ProductManufacturer" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(Manufacturer)"></xsl:param>
    then add the node to the end of the item node
    Code:
    <g:mpn>
      <xsl:value-of select="$ManufacturerPartNumber" />
    </g:mpn>
    <g:manufacturer>
      <xsl:value-of select="Manufacturer"
    </g:manufacturer>
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>