Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Transaction State: Authorized

allstar is offline Member

Default Transaction State: Authorized

There was an order that went into AUTHORIZED transaction state, instead of CAPTURED. In the CaptureTXResult field in the order table, it states "The transaction cannot be found.". What does this mean? Did the order process and did the customer get charged? How could this happen or what may have caused this?
    ...AllStar

George the Great is offline Senior Member

What version of AspDotNetStorefront are you using? What Payment Methods do you allow and what payment gateway are you using?
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

I am using AspDotNetStorefront version 8.0.1.2. Using credit card as the payment method and Authorize.Net as the gateway.

I also noticed "prior_auth_capture" in the CaptureTXResult. After viewing the order in Authorize.Net, the card that was used for the transaction was charged. This doesn't make any sense. I thought the term "CAPTURED" implies to the card being charged...
    Last edited by allstar; 12-15-2009 at 05:16 PM.
    ...AllStar

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The error 'The transaction cannot be found." returned from Authrize.Net was actually a process-issued decline from them. But I am confused why you are seeing the transaction was charged from there end. This means, we need to investigate this further in support. Could you submit a ticket? Thanks

shaser is offline Junior Member

Are you using t-hub or another order manager?

I'm not using t-hub or any order management.

Alfred, I agree. When I noticed that the "transaction cannot be found", I immediately assumed that the transaction didn't process. However, when checking the transaction from Authorize.Net, it did get charged.

I will submit a ticket. Thanks!
    ...AllStar

With further review, I noticed that we were experiencing down time. I'm assuming that the transaction being taken place along with the site possibly being down resulted in this behavior. Authorize.Net returned a valid authorization code for this purchase. But since the site was down, the update of this order didn't completely get captured. Therefore, the transaction state stayed as Authorized and didn't get updated to Captured.

Can you verify if this is correct?
    Last edited by allstar; 01-06-2010 at 02:29 PM.
    ...AllStar

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I've seen that specific error before when I waited too long to capture. We only authorize on order completion, this one slipped through the crack and when we tried to capture we got the error. There is a time limit from authorize to when it must be captured or it is voided out.

Sounds like it can possibly be the same scenario. However, in this case, the order was authorized by Authorize.Net (settled successfully) but somehow coming back to the storefront it couldn't complete the CAPTURE. Thanks for the response ssgumby.
    ...AllStar

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Allstar, did you submit a ticket to support already? How is it going?

Yes, I've submitted a ticket to support, however, support stated that the problem is with Authorize.NET. And I should contact support from Authorize.NET. I've contacted there support and still no response. It's been 2 weeks. :-(

Does anyone know how I can contact Authorize.NET support directly instead of submitting a ticket through their form. I don't even get an acknowledgment that my inquiry was sent when I try submitting on Authorize.NET form. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by allstar; 01-07-2010 at 05:05 PM.
    ...AllStar