Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: USPS Question

miguelcrush is offline Senior Member

Default USPS Question

Hey everybody. My company is trying to integrate USPS real time rates into the website, but I can't get it to work. I'm dumping the response XML to the page, and I'm noticing that the USPS response has an error code of "Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the sender." Ok, what I don't understand is that I do have a valid ZIP code in the appconfigs section, and our other carrier, UPS uses this ZIP code and returns values with the XML response.

Any Ideas? The only thing I could think of is that maybe I have to change the ZIP code to a 9 digit for USPS to be able to use it? If so, how do I do that for a ZIP code that doesn't actually have the extra 4 digits?... would it be like 58290-0000??

GAH!
    Mike Steyer
    Information Systems Admin

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Make sure that USPS thinks that the zip code you've got matches the default state (they actually do address validation on their end) and that if you're using distributors, they all have valid addresses.