Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Email Address already in use for Anon Customers

xentor is offline Junior Member

Default Email Address already in use for Anon Customers

Hello.

I have our site enabled for anonomous user checkout so the user is not required to create a login to be able to checkout. The problem I am having is that once a user checks out anonymously, if they come back to the site and try to create an account with us the store tells them that the email address they entered is already in use.

Is there any workaround or solution to this problem other than to disable anon checkout all-together?

I'm on version 8.0.1.2

thanks,
    John

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You're going to want to either remove those old anonymous records from the DB so the customers can register without any issues next time, or convert them into a registered account by running this 'update customer set IsRegistered=1 where email='the_email_address'.

We cannot advise you on how to do either, but they're both pretty simple tasks. Just make sure that you have a full backup of the database first just in case.

vectorhog is offline Junior Member

Default Maybe just a hint?

Can this be done with the "Run SQL" feature on the admin?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

As long as you are logged in as a super admin, yes. Just make sure that you have a backup of the database first...if you run a query with mistakes in it here you can cause all sorts of problems that cannot be reversed.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>