Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Modifying Sitemap2.aspx

mgibbs is offline Senior Member

Default Modifying Sitemap2.aspx

BTW - The format and display of this is soooo much better than sitemap.aspx.

I've got a customer who does custom work so they don't want to even display a returns policy page on their site (rather than having one that says "no returns").

I've tried turning it off in the topics (which removes the link from the Topics section) but how do I get it out of the Customer Service section of the SiteMap.aspx page? I'd rather not turn off the entire Customer Service tree (which appears to be my only option). I've removed the t-returns.aspx from the customerservicetreemenu topic as well as the menuData.xml and vertMenuData.xml files in the active (only) skin on this site.

I've found the StringResource for the label (menu.PolicyReturns) but still no way to turn off the Returns Policy.

Are the nodes in this portion of the tree coded in source somewhere? Any way to correct this?
    EMM for AspDotNetStorefront - Communicate effectively with your customers

Jao is offline Senior Member

Simply comment out the following line on the menuData.xml under the {root}/skins/Skin_# you're using:
    Code:
    <item Text="(!menu.PolicyReturns!)" NavigateUrl="t-returns.aspx" LookId="DefaultItemLook"/>
    and that should remove the return policy link under the Customer Service menu...