Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Very similar products

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Default Very similar products

We have a new product line that comes in two finishes. The manufacturer part number, cost, weight and everything is the same for both except the chrome version has a “-C” appended to the part number.

Do I have to make each of these a separate product or is there a display package (or other method) that will allow us to have a checkbox or drop down that will add the –C and color to the order?

Thank you

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Just use the built in color attributes. You can change the text color to "Finish" and then when you enter your finishes in you can give the chrome finish a -C sku modifier
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Thank you. I'll try that out when I upload the new products.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - George View Post
    Just use the built in color attributes. You can change the text color to "Finish" and then when you enter your finishes in you can give the chrome finish a -C sku modifier
    This is just about perfect except I need to modify the manufactur's part number. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
    Tom