Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Cybersource - How can I turn off AVS ??

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Question Cybersource - How can I turn off AVS ??

Hi Guys,

Cybersource tell me that I need to send through the "Ignore_AVS" flag & set it to true - how can I do this?

TTFN

BFG

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Did they explicitly say that you need to send that through, or just that you needed to set that flag? We don't have a configuration setting to turn that on or off (you should just be able to turn AVS off through their configuration page for your account...I believe under the Tools & Settings section). However, if you wanted to do this in the request, you would need to open the Cybersource.cs(.vb) file and add the following line of code in the ProcessCard method
    Code:
    request.businessRules.ignoreAVSResult = "Yes";
    then recompile and deploy the new assembly to your site.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Hi George,

Are you able to clarify exactly what needs recompiling (& into what?).
    ChannelAdvisor are telling me that they're not able to make the change because "it would require a custom code change to ASPDNSF and that is something we're not able to do".
    It's not possible to amend this within the cybersource account.

I'm trying to work out if this is something I can get at to do myself.

TTFN

BFG

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If you'd like to handle disabling the AVS from the AspDotNetStorefront application itselt, you'll need to add the line mentioned by George in your Cybersource.cs/vb under AspDotNetStorefrontGateways and recompile the project. Otherwise, I believe you could disable it from your Cybersource Account's under Configuration's page and choose 'Ignore AVS' check box.

Thanks Alfred,

As far as I can see though - there's no way to do this within the cybersource account.
    ChannelAdvisor won't do it for me.

So I'm stuck?

TTFN

BFG

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's just actually a pretty simple change, however, if that's the case, there's nothing much we can do from our end.