Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Radeditor

sprogg is offline Member

Default Radeditor

I have previously modified my entityeditproducts.aspx and aspx.cs files by the inclusion of additional radeditors which work well, allowing users to enter data quite effortlessly.

However, I have attempted to add a further radeditor and on submission get an error message: Operand type clash: int is incompatible with ntext. I checked the database columns for each respective item and they are identical, as is the code, except for the obvious differences.

Can anyone shed any light on why I should be getting this error message. I know definitely it is caused by the radeditor.

For assistance I have uploaded the file and the error is related to references where 'seconduserimages' is used.

Thank you

Jao is offline Senior Member

Did you check some casting that was applied?

sprogg is offline Member

I dont understand.

What do you mean by casting?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Type casting, where some chunk of data (eg. "1" as a string) is trying to be cast to an integer somewhere. The only thing you could really do here is fire up Visual Studio and hit the page while debugging. Once you've done that should only take a few minutes to find out which bit of code is causing the error...just step through until it pukes. It's an error we've all seen before at some point or another when working with SQL...but not something we've ever encountered on this page or with this control, and without having access to the code it's all but impossible to track down within the context you've provided here.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>