Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Currency Miscalculation

steve@groovecommerce.com is offline Junior Member

Default Currency Miscalculation

We have stumbled across what I believe is a very rare although very serious bug. We have just implemented multiple currencies on a project using USD based exchange rates from XE. We have found that in rare cases when using one of the other currencies the totals do not add up correctly in the cart.

This doesn't bother us too much but it could potentially be very disconcerting to our client or our their customers.

dhs is offline Member

Is it always 1 cent difference? - looks to be a rounding error, probably related to when the items are added together they are not yet rounded, but when displayed they are rounded to 2 decimal points for currency.

steve@groovecommerce.com is offline Junior Member

This is the only occurrence we've been able to find. I spent 10 mins or so trying to reproduce it with different cart contents and could not do it. However, adding these two items to the cart always produced a one cent rounding error.

Edit: I should mention that although we've done massive customizations to the skin and added some functionality of our own we have no touched any of the calculations for the localization or cart totals.
    Last edited by steve@groovecommerce.com; 12-11-2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: additional information

nihon is offline Senior Member

How about receipt?
    Version (Code/DB):
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.1.2.0/8.1.2.0