Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shipping Estimate

xplosiv1 is offline Junior Member

Default Shipping Estimate

We'd like to add the ability for a customer to get an estimate of shipping charges on the product page where they could type in a zip code without having to log in and create an address. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to accomplish this efficiently? I'm afraid this is going to be a major task.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Shipping tax estimator was already built-in the latest builds, see the manual. You should consider upgrading if you want that feature.

peanceddy is offline Junior Member

Default Shipping Estimate

How can I keep the Shipping Estimate from showing in the product sidebar?

I tried to comment out <--<uc1:BasketShippingEstimate ID="BasketShippingEstimate1" runat="server" />--> in MiniBasket.ascx, but this caused script errors to popup. It also prevented some items from being added to the cart, so I put it back.

ram is offline Senior Member

For anonymous customers, the user would have to need to select Country and or City, State, and Postal Code. The lowest cost shipping rates will be presented as the estimated shipping rates.

This part doesn't seem to be working. Could you help? I selected the Country and or City, State, and Postal Code but the estimate was $0.00. Thanks.

Jao is offline Senior Member

We'll, if you don't need the Estimator. You can easily switch the AppConfig: ShowShippingAndTaxEstimate off...

I need the estimate but it has to calculate the shipping according to the country/postal code for anonymous users. how can we fix this?

Jao is offline Senior Member

Could you tell us what version are you on?

Ml 8.0.0.0

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Ram, in the "State" field in the shipping estimator you should only enter the state abbreviation. Example, for New York, you'll enter NY. If this still gives you $0 amount, submit this to support so we can take a look further.