Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: RealTime Shipping: UPS Letter Rates?

HomeSecStore is offline Junior Member

Default RealTime Shipping: UPS Letter Rates?

To all Realtime Shipping gurus,

My company wants to save money by using UPS Letter Rates (rather than Package Rates) on some very small products like giftcards. So my question is: does the UPS Realtime Web Service support requesting Letter rates rather than Package rates somehow? Does anyone know where I can find documentation on the XML request format so I can analyze it and find out?

Thanks!

Kevin S.
    Home Security Store

Jao is offline Senior Member

The following are the classes that you need to check:
    • RTShipping.cs
    • UPS2.cs

They are under the AspDotNetStorefrontCore project...

HomeSecStore is offline Junior Member

Thanks, Jao - I'm familiar with the areas of the code that create the request and process the response from UPS. What I need to know is whether StoreFront can request Letter rates instead of Package rates by changing the contents of the XML request somehow.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Looks like you'll need to change the <PackagingType> code in the UPSGetRates method, but you'll have to take a look the UPS documentation for this to make sure.