Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: DB Transfer

Fean0r is offline Senior Member

Default DB Transfer

Has anyone founnd an easy way to transfer a previous ecommerce database into this one?

It's mainly the Products & Users but all the field names are differents and I'm struggling to find straight forward way of doing this.

Chris

Dusty is offline Member

If the primary difference is the field names and the bulk of the data structure of the data is the same or similar, to an Excel extract from the database of your existing platform, open said file in Excel and modify the file to a structure in line with our Excel import format.

Dusty
    ASPDotNetStorefront Staff

Thanks,

I've coded a script on my local server todo the transfer however I cant find where the product images are stored in the databse?
    Last edited by Fean0r; 12-12-2009 at 09:48 AM.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fean0r View Post
    Thanks,

I've coded a script on my local server todo the transfer however I cant find where the product images are stored in the databse?
    They're not stored in the DB, actually. We stored them in the {root}\IMAGES\Product folder.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Images by default are keyed off of the ProductID in the dbo.Product table. There are also settings that can be configured to either name the images after the SKU of the product or to simply use your own image name. If all of your images are already named something different from the ProductID (which they most likely will be if you're migrating data) or the SKU, then just set the name of the image in the ImageFilenameOverride field and then make sure an image by that name exists in the images/large, images/medium, and images/icon directories.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Thanks - I'll try this in the morning.