Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Integrating ASPDNSF ML v6 with AVATAX

itzmesaran is offline Junior Member

Default Integrating ASPDNSF ML v6 with AVATAX

Hello all,

I need to implement real time sales tax calculation and need to integrate AVATAX with ASPDNSF ML (older version - v6)

Can some one point me to right direction where i will get information to integrate AVATAX with ASPDNSF.

Thanks in advance.

S

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's going to be a custom job from the ground up, there was no support for Avatax in that older version. You'd have to get their API and have a developer do that for you.

I would highly recommend upgrading to a new version of the software. WSI would make an integration like that easier to do, and the next major release will have the integration built in.

itzmesaran is offline Junior Member

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. Have few questions.

1) This older version of ASPDNSF has got so many customizations. If we upgrade the site to latest version, do we lose all those customizations? How best i can upgrade but still keep all customization? is there a safe way to do it?

2) I found this blog online
    http://www.hosca.com/blog/post/2009/...-CertiTAX.aspx
    If i get the web service from AVATAX, is it possible to do it this way as mentioned in this blog with out doing any code change or upgrading ASPDNSF to latest version (I dont care about performance right now) ?

Which is the best approach you would suggest? Thanks in advance

S

George the Great is offline Senior Member

1) This older version of ASPDNSF has got so many customizations. If we upgrade the site to latest version, do we lose all those customizations? How best i can upgrade but still keep all customization? is there a safe way to do it?
    Not really. If you've made customizations to xmlpackages, any of the web code files, or any of the projects/classes, those will be lost during the upgrade. The only way for them to carry over is to reimplement them in the new files (I'd be willing to bet that 98% of all files in AspDotNetStorefront have changed in some way or another since version 6, especially with all of the PABP (now rolled into PA-DSS) changes). Should you go this route, hopefully you have your changes well documented or can compare the files against a clean solution so you can pinpoint your modifications.

2) I found this blog online
    http://www.hosca.com/blog/post/2009/...-CertiTAX.aspx
    If i get the web service from AVATAX, is it possible to do it this way as mentioned in this blog with out doing any code change or upgrading ASPDNSF to latest version (I dont care about performance right now) ?
    Provided you were able to connect to their service to retrieve rates and store them in the table provided there I don't see why not. The integration we're rolling out with Avalara is a real-time rate solution, where the shoppingcart items are passed to their service along with the address(es) of the purchasing customer and the origin address you have configured, in order to retrieve rates in real-time during the checkout process.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>