Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How do we link Google Base with an affiliate

werbadmin_user is offline Junior Member

Question How do we link Google Base with an affiliate

Hello,

Can anyone help... We have a working feed to googlebase but are wanting to know what kind of traffic is coming through.

I notice there is a 'froogle' affiliate already in the system but non of the product links that are sent to google have the ID?

Is there a way of linking this affiliate ID to the googlebase feed?

Many thanks

Steve

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Affiliate is different, you couldn't link that to googlebase feed, no. You could only link it to a customer so that you can track which customers come in through any particular affiliate. That is really the only purpose for it.

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Simply edit the xmlpackage you use for your froogle feed to include :-

HTML Code:
    &affiliateid=10090
    at the end of the urls you give to google.
    (obviously replace 10090 with the affiliate id you want to use).

TTFN

BFG

Thanks for your help, I have used the following and am just waiting for googlebase to process it.

<link>
    <xsl:value-of select="/root/System/StoreUrl" />
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ProductLink(productid, sename, 0, '')" />?affiliateID=10052</link>

I will update with the result!

Works like a charm - although the only side affect being that once a customer has purchased via the affiliate it looks like all subsequent transactions by that customer will also be marked as such even if they came directly to the site.

I guess its still valid as it shows there first origination.