Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Euro Symbol

steve@groovecommerce.com is offline Junior Member

Default Euro Symbol

Hi,

I am using multiple currencies on a new project I am working on - USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, and AUD. The exchange rates are working just fine and we built a graphic selector for customers to switch between currencies.

I am having one problem however - I do not know how to get the euro symbol (&euro to display. I read in the manual that the Symbol field currently is not implemented - is that correct? I assume that it is the display-locale that determines which symbol to use - if that is correct what display locale should I enter for EUR?

Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I do not have any problem here on my local sites setting what currency to use for a certain locale. It should work the same for you as well. If this is v8.+, go to Configurations -> Localization -> Currencies page in the admin and specify the symbol under the fields Symbol and Display Specs.

steve@groovecommerce.com is offline Junior Member

Ah, thank you Alfred. I put "€.###" into the display spec field and got it working.

I should note however that I did not have to do anything with the symbol field. The manual for 8.x specifically mentions that it is not implemented.

Timmey is offline Junior Member

Is there a chance to hide the "(EUR)" or ("USD") behind the Symbol?
    We dont want to show: 9.99 € (EUR) in the Store, didnt find a disable or a flag for that?!

Thanks in advance!
    Timmey

david.wichert is offline Junior Member

Question

Hi Timmey,

have you tried changing the "Name" value in database table "Currency"?

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmey View Post
    Is there a chance to hide the "(EUR)" or ("USD") behind the Symbol?
    We dont want to show: 9.99 € (EUR) in the Store, didnt find a disable or a flag for that?!

Thanks in advance!
    Timmey
    Beat you to it!
    http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ad.php?t=18024

You will require source code for the fix.

Hope it helps!
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

logoscorp is offline Member

Question working from Venezuela

Greetings .... I'm working from Venezuela and I need that money to be used is the bolivar as I can do to change the currency symbol please i need your big help