Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Amazon web services and downloadable products

mexner is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Amazon web services and downloadable products

I have a client with a large dependency on videos and digital products in the non-profit sector. We have been using large bulky servers with TB of HD space, but are exploring the benefits of Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) to host our digital products AND the custom folder for customers once they checkout.

Before I begin, I'm just curious if anyone on this forum has...
    1) a need for this
    2) previously attempted this

ASPDNSF -- Is this feature on the product roadmap?

We have access to the full source code and are developing on ASPDNSF ML 8.0.1.2. I haven't yet dived into the code, but am assuming I can modify several methods/functions to accommodate this new functionality.

By the way, for those pranksters who will tell me to just delete my files, Yes, we do delete our customers (customerID_orderID) folder after 1 week. We just have a lot of orders and large files.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback and comments. Thanks!

mexner is offline Junior Member

Anyone from ASPDNSF have a comment?

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

Not sure about the team from ASPDNSF, but we haven't seen much need to achieve that kind of scalability with digital media, at least not for clients on ASPDNSF.
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration