Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about Password Reset for my domain emails

bbensten is offline Junior Member

Default Question about Password Reset for my domain emails

I am trying to reset a users password to random so that it will email the user the new password. I am able to do so if the user is not at the domain that the site is run on. Currently anyone with the email address @tavalon.com is unable to get a new password. Below is the error I am getting. Do you have any idea why?

The Customer's Password Has NOT Been Changed!!! You do not have your mail server AppConfigs setup, so we did NOT change the password, because there would be no way to communicate it to the customer!Mail Error occurred - Exception=Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local<br />

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Have you tried using the mailing test wizard in the admin site? Your mail server is throwing an error when trying to send mail to your domain for one reason or another. You can also place a test order from your domain and try to resend the receipt email through the admin site to see what error is being thrown.

bbensten is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront - Dan View Post
    Have you tried using the mailing test wizard in the admin site? Your mail server is throwing an error when trying to send mail to your domain for one reason or another. You can also place a test order from your domain and try to resend the receipt email through the admin site to see what error is being thrown.
    Can you please explain how to run the test and send the email through the admin site?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Have a look at this manual.