Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: no items inserted from googlebase

cakewalkr7 is offline Member

Default no items inserted from googlebase

We use ADNS through marketworks. A while back our googlebase feed stopped working. We learned that marketworks needed to get an update which they've told us they got. I've gone through deleting and recreating the feed in google and setting it up in our store. I've executed it and in the store it says it Uploaded Successfully. It does show up in google but after processing it reports "No items inserted". However I can't find any errors reported so I'm at a loss as to why nothing was imported.

Also, I've logged into the marketworks ftp server hoping to find the feed to make sure it wasn't empty but I can't find it anywhere. Can someone tell me where it "should" be saved when it's created? And does anyone know why it would say no items inserted? Thanks.

Jao is offline Senior Member

You'll be able to see the file under the {root}/images folder.

Joa, I was told by marketworks that they already got the update which would affect our site. Secondly since we got this through marketworks we don't have an order number. What do I do?

Thanks. I found that the file only has the following error in it so I'm guessing that there's a permissions problem on marketwork's end.

Exception=Error in XmlPackage(.Load), Package=[feed.googlebase.xml.config], Msg=[Exception=Access to the path 'D:\PremiumStores\evesgiftgallery\admin\XmlPackage s\feed.googlebase.xml.config' is denied.<br/>]<br/>

Jao is offline Senior Member

I see. Please make sure you've giving the ASP.Net Process Account or Network Service a read/write/modify permission to the {root}/images folder and that's it...