Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Zoomify errors when product has multiple colors

nirmal is offline Member

Default Zoomify errors when product has multiple colors

Recently we decided to turn on zoomify for our website and ran into an issue on product pages that have color:
    XmlPackage Exception: Exception=Last Trace Point=[]. An error occurred during a call to extension function 'LookupProductImage'. See InnerException for a complete description of the error.

StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex

System.ArgumentException: Last Trace Point=[]. An error occurred during a call to extension function 'LookupProductImage'. See InnerException for a complete description of the error.

StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex

at AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.XmlPackage2.TransformStr ing() in C:\projects\trunk\Websites\MuseumReplicas.com\ASPD NSFCommon\XmlPackage2.cs:line 629 at AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.AppLogic.RunXmlPackage(X mlPackage2 p, Parser UseParser, Customer ThisCustomer, Int32 SkinID, Boolean ReplaceTokens, Boolean WriteExceptionMessage) in C:\projects\trunk\Websites\MuseumReplicas.com\ASPD NSFCommon\AppLogic.cs:line 1209

Upon debugging I found that this error could be traced to the function LoadFromDB in ProductImageGallery and specifically the loop:
    foreach (String c in m_ColorsSplit)
    {

From my understanding, in the above loop, aspdnsf is trying to determine the location of images based on the colors. This is leading to a null valued image URL and the error above. If I comment out this loop, the products show up ok and I am able to zoom as well but I believe that I am commenting out the color swatch feature. Has anyone come across this? Possible solutions?

Appreciate the help

- Nirmal

Sennaya is offline Member

I had elusive problems with zoomify in ML 8.0. The colorswatch quit working in Firefox, but was fine in IE for no apparent reason.
    After filing a support ticket and a lot of testing i determined that enabling zoomify was creating my color swatch problems. The solution from support was to update ML 8.0 to the latest update. In their testing the problem seemed to disappear with the latest updates.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Do you have watermark.enabled set to true and product has multiple images? Please tell us what version you're on. Can you submit a ticket to support?

nirmal is offline Member

Thanks for the replies. We are currently using ASPDNSF 7.1

Watermark.Enabled=false in our case.

I see this issue only on products that have multiple colors. I was hoping that someone could throw light on this so I can have this feature up right now and through the holiday season.

Maybe the best way is to upgrade to the latest version. We have just purchased it and are in the process of testing and incorporating all our custom changes at the moment. Will have to check on how many support tickets we have available around here to burn.. but was hoping to save them up for the inevitable upgrade to multiple stores(for our 3 stores) and all the possible issues that could come with that

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I understand that. But issues like this should be best handled in support help desk. You said, you're in the process of upgrading to the latest build. This is actually what will about to recommend you to do as we've had couple of issues fixed in the latest already. If the issue still exists with the new version, send in a ticket to support and will take a look.