Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: WSI for Maintaining multiple price / customer levels

SilentBobSC is offline Junior Member

Default WSI for Maintaining multiple price / customer levels

I have a client who is looking into converting their site to ASPDNSF. We've been going over all the details, and during our last conversation we came across this little 'issue'. Simply, they have about 15+ levels of customer pricing they would like to maintain. No problem, as I understand ASPDNSF can handle said amount of customer levels. However, the problem is that the pricing is not varied based upon percentage or fixed amount (guess they just choose it arbitrarily).

Now, they do have these prices set and distributed in Excel spreadsheets and are comfortable with the idea of importing them directly (kinda preferred when you think about manually editing 100's of products *15/ea.) I spoke with a rep via Live Chat and he said the only other way he could see this working would be the use of WSI to setup a custom import. I've never dealt with WSI, and I'm curious if this would be something that, once setup, would be user-friendly enough to allow them to have a "upload your CSV here, click here, done" or would it have to be run via a more SQL-savvy individual each time?

I'm already trying to figure out a way to sugar coat the +$1,900 price jump, but I want to make sure that if they do bite that the end experience for them will be worth it or if it will just over-complicate an already robust backend?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can see it here and see the WSI Examples section (Updating Product Prices) on how to do that.