Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Private Registration

smoreo is offline Member

Default Private Registration

I know how to force the login to view the site in the web.config, but i am looking for something that will limit the ability to register as well. I want to only allow users with emails from certain domains (or a one off with a full addr not allowing others from same domain) to be able to register. I could build the logic for a function that returns true or false to something, but i need to know what i am returning that value to. Is there a hook for something like this?

Thanks in advance,

Sven

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The best approach I can see is to create a logic which prompt the users to provide their email addresses before they will be redirected to the actual registration page. You could then validate their email address if they're from a certain domain you preferred or something the like.

smoreo is offline Member

Default It may work but...

i would have to find a way to restrict them from getting to the "CreateAccount.aspx" directly then without pre-aprival from the PreValidateNewUserRequest.aspx page, no?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

I think you're probably complicating it more than it needs to be. You could add some validation to createaccount.aspx where we do ours, or to the codebehind if you want to get more complicated with it. It shouldn't be that hard to compare the supplied value against a list of allowed ones and pop up a message if they're denied.