Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Email Settings

ram is offline Senior Member

Default Email Settings

Hi. I'm having trouble with our email settings. I did a Email Test and it was successful. For some reason, if I do a test order using the domain email account (ram@mystoredomain.com), I don't get the receipt but if I use any other email account like Gmail or Yahoo, I get the receipt. Why?

EMail Test and Configuration
    Receipt Email Successful
    New Order Notification Email Successful
    Shipped Email Successful

Jao is offline Senior Member

Please check your mail server configuration. There must be something's blocking your email address to receive emails. If the store mailing procedure is okay with the rest of the email addresses and it only happens whenever you're using the said email address, the store is functioning well and I'm quiet sure that this has something to do with the mail configuration towards the ram@mystoredomain.com

not just my email but all the emails in that domain are not getting the emails from the website. I looked but unable to find. Can you tell me where to look? Thanks.
    Last edited by ram; 12-04-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Could you please tell me what version are you on?

Ml 8.0.0.0

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Did you look at your spam folders? This isn't AspDotNetStorefront software issue anymore, perhaps something from your mail host server is blocking any emails coming from a certain port number. You might want to check that out to your host. There aren't much help we can provide any longer with this matter, sorry.