Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Quantity Discount Question

dsi2 is offline Junior Member

Default Quantity Discount Question

I'm trying to add a quantity discount across the board for 5 of all items ordered instead of a quantity discount for just ordering 5 of the same item.

For example, we are selling cd's. The present quantity discount functionality only kicks in if you order at least 5 of the same cd, however, I would like the discount to kick in when any 5 cd's are ordered. How can I do this?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Instead of having your Quantity discount mapped on individual products, map it under the CD category so it will apply across the board.

dsi2 is offline Junior Member

Hi,

After dealing with a separate quantity discount issue, I'm still having this issue. I mapped the quantity discount to the categories instead of the products, however, I still need to add 5 of the same product to the cart in order to get the discount instead of 5 of any products in that category. Please help.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You're on what version? If you have this kind of category structure:

HTML Code:
    Main cat
      - sub-cat 1
         - sub-cat 1.1
           - products here
    Make sure you've entered the CategoryID of sub-cat 1.1 and not, Main cat or Sub-cat 1 in order for the mapping to work properly. You could as well send this into support if it doesn't resolve the issue. Thanks