Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Free shipping for certain products

edgewebware is offline Junior Member

Default Free shipping for certain products

I want to set up free shipping for just a couple specific products. I went into the variant for those products and set "Is Free Shipping" to "yes," but when I add just that product to my cart and try to checkout, it doesn't list free shipping as an option.

In the appconfigs I have "FreeShippingAllowsRateSelection" set to true, and "ShippingMethodIDIfFreeShippingIsOn" set to "1" which is the ID of our standard shipping method, which is the one I want to be offered free on these products.

Thanks in advance for your help!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Aside from the ShippingMethodIDFreeShippingIsOn appconfig, you also need to set FreeShippingThreshold to a certain amount that qualifies for a free shipping. This is applicable to all products though, there's nothing built-in the software that could do that except if you're using Customer Level or Coupon discount.
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 12-01-2009 at 11:25 PM.

edgewebware is offline Junior Member

OK...I just want to confirm that I understand this correctly. There's no way to set free shipping for just ONE product without some kind of coupon or something like that?

Thanks.

5stariipl is offline Junior Member

Default Free shipping for certain products

You can do so by making an check mark at admin end that make them free shipping .
    when you check this option that automatically become free shipped product.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by edgewebware View Post
    OK...I just want to confirm that I understand this correctly. There's no way to set free shipping for just ONE product without some kind of coupon or something like that?

Thanks.
    Correct, unless you'll modify the source to allow free shipping on a single item or something like that.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

If you have several items that you want to offer for free, and you still want to charge shipping on the other items, then you only need to make sure the store is configured properly to allow so. First, as you've done, you'll need to set Is Free Shipping to Yes on the variant page for the items. Now, since you have FreeShippingAllowsRateSelection set to true, the store will only provide free shipping for that item if you have properly set the ShippingMethodIDIfFreeShippingIsOn appconfig parameter to the ID of the shipping method(s) that can be free for those items. For example, if you have a shipping method called Ground that is shipping method id of 4, and Overnight that has a shipping method id of 5, and you want to offer free shipping for those items for Ground only...then you would set the ShippingMethodIDIfFreeShippingIsOn appconfig to 4
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>