Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Removing a Distributor

Emissary is offline Member

Default Removing a Distributor

Does anyone know the recommended steps to take when a distributor is to be removed (along with all of their products)?

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, if you have the access to your database server, the first thing to do is to create a full backup of your database, then you could run this query:
    Code:
    delete from Distributor where DistributorID = #
    delete from ProductDistributor where DistributorID = #

Thanks Jao. But wont this leave orphaned records?
    It seems to me that purchases made with these products will then no longer be able to accurately report all the products purchased. Do you follow what I am saying? I dont want to have orphaned records.

I know that I could set Deleted=1 in the Distributor table, but this does not seem to keep the products for that distributor from displaying. Again, I dont want to create a situation where I am dealing with orphaned records. So does anyone know the ASPDNSF standard for dealing with a distributor and their product when you no longer want to keep them as a distributor?