Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about importing product from excel

htdev is offline Junior Member

Default Question about importing product from excel

I attempt to upload an excel file containing products.
    When I view the import log I see that I have an error.

Adding Product(Acuvue)
    Executing SQL: insert product(ProductGUID,IsImport,IsAKit,IsAPack,PackSi ze,Name,SEName,ImageFilenameOverride,ProductTypeID ,RelatedProducts,Summary,Description,SEKeywords,SE Description,SETitle,SKU,ManufacturerPartNumber,Col Width,XmlPackage,SalesPromptID,Published,TrackInve ntoryBySizeAndColor,TrackInventoryBySize,TrackInve ntoryByColor,RequiresRegistration,MiscText,Extensi onData,SEAltText) values(N'90F604F9-F80C-4BE0-ACAA-B401921D228D',1,0,0,0,N'Acuvue',N'acuvue',NULL,8,' ',N'<UL>
    <LI><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Trebuchet MS">Box of six Acuvue&nbsp; brand contact lenses. </SPAN></LI>
    <LI><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Trebuchet MS">Light blue visibility tint.&nbsp; </SPAN></LI>
    <LI><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Trebuchet MS">Contains inside out "AV" marker so you know your lenses are inserted correctly. </SPAN></LI>
    <LI><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Trebuchet MS">Approved for 1 week continuous wear or 2 week daily wear.</SPAN></LI></UL>',N'<UL>
    <LI><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Trebuchet MS">Box of six Acuvue&nbsp; brand contact lenses. </SPAN></LI>
    <LI><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Trebuchet MS">Light blue visibility tint.&nbsp; </SPAN></LI>
    <LI><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Trebuchet MS">Contains inside out "AV" marker so you know your lenses are inserted correctly. </SPAN></LI>
    <LI><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Trebuchet MS">Approved for 1 week continuous wear or 2 week daily wear.</SPAN></LI></UL>',N'Acuvue Contact Lenses',N'ACUVUE at SunGlassPRO.com - Huge Savings, FREE shipping, rebates available, same lenses as your Dr''s office.',N'Acuvue Contact Lenses at SunGlassPRO.com',N'CL0001AV',NULL,1,N'product.vibe .aps.custom.xml.config',3,1,0,0,0,0,NULL,NULL,N'Ac uvue')
    >> Added OK
    Executing SQL: insert productCategory(productid,Categoryid) values(44,2)
    Executing SQL: insert productManufacturer(productid,Manufacturerid) values(44,6)
    Executing SQL: insert productDistributor(productid,Distributorid) values(44,1)
    Error on Node: Product:Acuvue: Node: ProductVariant, Required Field (Price) Is Missing!

Why does it say that my price is missing? I have it in the spreadsheet. I have tried having the price formatted as 'general' and as 'number', there is no change in result.

How does the upload process work? I seem to get the same log even after I change what is in the excel file.

Jao is offline Senior Member

First, could you tell us what version are you on? Could you also provide us your excel import reference file?

Version is ML 8.0.1.2
    I initially had many products in the import file. But I don't understand why I cant' get it working with just one.
    Thanks for any help and suggestions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you make sure it follows the data type? Price is money data type, so specify a money data type value (e.g. 21.00). See if that works...

Changed price to Currency. Still doesn't work.

Here is the import log:

Updating Product(Acuvue Test)
    Executing SQL: update product set Name=N'Acuvue Test',SEName=N'acuvue-test',ImageFilenameOverride=NULL,ProductTypeID=8,S ummary=N'Box of six Acuvue brand contact lenses. Light blue visibility tint. Contains inside out "AV" marker so you know your lenses are inserted correctly. Approved for 1 week continuous wear or 2 week daily wear.',Description=N'Box of six Acuvue&nbsp; brand contact lenses. Light blue visibility tint. Contains inside out "AV" marker so you know your lenses are inserted correctly. Approved for 1 week continuous wear or 2 week daily wear.',SEKeywords=N'Acuvue Contact Lenses',SEDescription=N'ACUVUE at SunGlassPRO.com - Huge Savings, FREE shipping, rebates available, same lenses as your Dr''s office.',SETitle=N'Acuvue Contact Lenses at SunGlassPRO.com',ManufacturerPartNumber=NULL,ColWi dth=1,XmlPackage=N'product.vibe.aps.custom.xml.con fig',IsAKit=0,IsAPack=0,PackSize=0,SalesPromptID=3 ,Published=1,TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor=0,TrackI nventoryBySize=0,TrackInventoryByColor=0,RequiresR egistration=0,MiscText=NULL,ExtensionData=NULL,SEA ltText=N'Acuvue Test' where ProductID=48
    >> Updated OK
    Executing SQL: insert productCategory(productid,Categoryid) values(48,2)
    Ignoring bad/duplicate CategoryRef, Name=/Shop Contact Lenses
    Executing SQL: update productManufacturer set Manufacturerid = 6 where productid =48
    Executing SQL: update productDistributor set Distributorid = 1 where productid =48
    Error on Node: Product:Acuvue Test: Node: ProductVariant, Required Field (Price) Is Missing!

Could there be a problem with my database?
    What else can I try?

Are you sure you're using the ML8012? You seem to be missing the AI column: SEAltText. See attachment for ML8012 format. If one column is missing it means that the node will be shifted to the right and in turn causing the import to produce unwanted/improper result.
    Attached Files Attached Files

nina is offline Junior Member

Hi,

I have a question regarding product importing. It said on the excel sheet under category that you can add category with this kind of setup /category/subcat/subsubcat/etc.. Does this mean I can only add category name? Can I add catgeoryid? Can this setup "6/23/45/" applicable? ParentCategoryID, SubCatID/SubCatID

Thanks,

Nina Magbanua

Default Success!

Just as I was about to lose all hope, a solution.
    Thank you so much Jao!

Somehow my spreadsheets were a few cells off.