Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Setting anonymous checkout to redirect to signin.aspx

Veraxus is offline Junior Member

Default Setting anonymous checkout to redirect to signin.aspx

Currently, if a user who is NOT logged in clicks the "Checkout Now" button, they are taken directly to the registration page. This is not good as some customers (particularly elderly) who already have accounts tend to enter all of their information AGAIN only to be told "That email address is already in use." They simply don't read the "Already have an account? Click here to log in!" text at the top.

90% of our support calls are due to this very issue.

To alleviate this problem, we'd like users to be redirected to the login page (signin.aspx) if they are not logged in when they attempt to Checkout. There doesn't seem to an AppConfig for this behavior, so if I have to modify the source, I'm fine with that if someone can point me in the right direction (we DO have the source code, btw)... or if anyone else has a solution to this.

I'd appreciate a quick response, as I'm stepping down from this position at the end of the week and my employers will up the creek without a paddle afterward.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Sounds like something has been modified there, by default we redirect to checkoutanon.aspx if the customer isn't logged in (and you're not using one page checkout), where the customer can either choose to login with their existing account or register.

There should be 3 Response.Redirect references in shoppingcart.aspx.cs that handle this, you can look there.