Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: anyone use Server Intellect?

btappan is offline Senior Member

Default anyone use Server Intellect?

I have a site that I have run under development with Server Intellect for over a year now. I have the "virtual private server" option w/ the following specs:

Windows Server OS
    Xeon 2.33GHz Core
    512 MB ECC RAM
    1 x 25GB Virtual Disk
    250 GB Bandwidth
    5 Dedicated IPs
    HELM Control Panel
    SmarterTools Suite
    SQL Server 2005 Express

My site has 6,000 products with 3 variants each (is that 18000 products?) But virtually NO traffic other than me, because the site has not been promoted yet. It crashes ALL the time. Should it? Is simply having a lot of products and categories resource intensive even without much traffic?

Amazing is offline Senior Member

What is your defination of a crash? Can you elaborate? We use SI, and the service has been great.

I get the error below about 5 times a day.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Anyone else want to chime in on this?

uptime244 is offline Member

I would guess it is because of your memory...I found you need 2 GB of memory to run SQL express with IIS. I have tried VPS's and get the timeouts also, once I got more memory on a dedicated server, I no longer had issue.
    --------------------------------
    MS9200
    AtterdagKids.com

Amazing is offline Senior Member

Ditto on the memory. 2GB minimum. It really depends on the OS as well, 2003 takes less resources than 2008. We have a dedicated server so have a little more flexiability there, but that is one thing that SI will get you on... memory. They charge a whoppin $25/GB/mo.

rpaa is offline Junior Member

Just contact their tech support. I've been using them for years and their support is unbeatable, plus they're very knowledgeable about ASPDNSF.

Cano is offline Member

I used them on all our sites without issues at all. Support is great.
    I do use Dedicated Servers with SqlExpress running on same server as site.
    about 14k products, many with 2 variants