Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Time Zone / DateTime of Order

Amazing is offline Senior Member

Default Time Zone / DateTime of Order

Is there any AppConfig setting to offset the order time, from the time on the server? Our v8.0.0.0 ML server is not in the same time zone as our staff, and it would be nice to have the orders timestamped different then the servers time zone. Yes we could change the servers time too, but I'm just checking to see if this functionality is already baked in.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

It is not already baked in. The time of the order is based on the time function in sql server and hence is based on the time zone of the db server.

Can someone point me to the method which would be grabbing the time? I guess I'd just do a bit a date arithmetic at that point.

Jao is offline Senior Member

To what transaction status would you like to offset the OrderDate (On Capture, On Order entry or On Authorized)?

Since we emply time constrains on orders (i.e. cutoff times for Next Day Air etc.) we are really only looking for the Order Time. Would be nice to do all of them but the Order Time is the one we really need.

Jao is offline Senior Member

We, structurally speaking, the default value or binding of the OrderDate column is getdate(), you could simply change that to an expression like getdate()-(1). Offsetting it one day behind, see if that works for you...