Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Sending Gift Cards

trestian is offline Junior Member

Default Sending Gift Cards

Hello!

i have a question regarding how gift cards works.

- i have notice that the gift card will sent when the Transaction status of order is captured.

I try to set up the gift cards.. when i purchased a gift card and look the transaction order the transaction status is authorized and i will manually captured it so that gift card email will snet.

Is there a way that when i purchased a gift card it will automatically say captured? so that it will automatically send an email.

Thanks in advanced for the answers.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The only way to do that is by setting the TransactionMode to AUTH CAPTURE, this will automatically capture all orders placed regardless what product. This is always possible via customization though but it would be a tricky one. A lot of considerations/conditions you have to handle(e.g. What if customers will buy different product types not only gift card, etc).