Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Updating Inventory

Amazing is offline Senior Member

Default Updating Inventory

Can the XML or Excel import be used to just update inventory of items?
    I'm not seeing any place to enter in product ids/ or variant ids, so I am wondering if it does adds only?

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, as far as I know, it should be under the AY column. If it's missing on your version then that would require a little tweaking on the AspDotNetStorefrontCore.Import, simply add a node there to handle the Inventory, or you use the WSI. But the simplest would be to upgrade to ML8012.
    Last edited by Jao; 11-26-2009 at 12:30 AM.

Does 8.0.1.2 have a buit in inventory update or something.. more than 8.0.0.0?

If you're on ML8000, then it's already baked in 100%. Please check the AY column of the sample import reference excel file from your {root}/ImportFileSamples folder and it can function both as INSERT or as an UPDATE SQL clause on the ProductVariant.Inventory field.

We have multiple products with the same name, so how is it going to know which one to update if there is no PRODUCTID, or VARIENTID ? Or will it update both?

Please use the SKU column to differentiate the duplicate product names...