Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Windows 7 64 dev environment

mattfrear is offline Member

Default Windows 7 64 dev environment

Hello

I'm looking for some instructions around setting up a Windows 7 dev environment for ASPDNSF 7.1.

Searching for Windows 7 or win7 here yields absolutely nothing.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Debugging used to work out of the box just using the ASP.NET Development Server (Cassini), but now the stupid "THIS SITE MAY BE RUNNING UNLICENSED ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONT.COM SOFTWARE! CLICK HERE TO ACTIVATE YOUR LICENSE" message is coming up all over everything, including inside the javascript files, so my development environment doesn't work any more.

I do have a dev license for localhost installed in the images folder, so not sure why that's happening either. Which is why I'm thinking I need to setup my dev environment in IIS instead?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

It's here.

As for the unlicensed message, we need to see the license information to see what's going on. Go to about -> Help in the admin.

mattfrear is offline Member

Thanks Alfred. Looks like the doco needs to be updated for Windows 7 anyway, since that is for Vista, but it probably works.

Regarding my licensing:
    I'm running ASPDNSF 7.1 and I don't see any About -> Help menu in the Admin site.

Home, Manufacturers, Distributors etc until Users are my menus.

-Matt

Ok. Just invoke http://yoursite.com/version.aspx?debuglicense=true url, but you have to submit a ticket to support with the license information found on that url and will handle this there. Thanks

Deshawn is offline Junior Member

Smile

there are the license problems with me, i took guidance with the URL...but cant understand, please guide me in this regard,how can i understand??
    Thanks

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

The ?debuglicense=true was removed from 8.x versions, so you'll need to just go to Help->About in the admin site and check the License Information section. If you don't understand what the problem is after reading the info there, contact support and they'll help you out.
    Last edited by Rob; 03-13-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Nagesh_Vitta is offline Member

Default windows 7

I am using 8.0.0.1 will windows 7 will work for it?
    Last edited by Nagesh_Vitta; 08-04-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Sure. As long as the machine has the following 3rd party components, it should work without any problems at all.

- .NET framework version 3.5
    - Microsoft Internet Information Systems (IIS) version 5.0 or higher
    - Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 (Express versions are fine)
    - Approximately 105 MB hard drive space for the storefront files (this will increase as product images are added to the store)
    - Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Standard, Pro, or higher (only required if changes are going to be made to the source code)
    - Server configuration must allow relative paths

Default Admin Site issue

I have installed this on Windows 7 Pro but unable to access the admin module and also how can I add SuperAdmin and Admin?

Please post the stack trace and will see what's going on.

To add admin/super user, see this manual.

Default Admin Site

Hi Alfread,

Admin(http://localhost/Storefront/Admin/default.aspx) module is redirecting to
    normal sign in page(http://localhost/Storefront/signin.aspx).

could you please let me know what Iam missing here?

Regards
    Nagesh