Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

View Poll Results: Use of Paypal with ASPDNSF

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use PayPal Standard

2 33.33%
  • I use PayPal Express

2 33.33%
  • I don't PayPal

2 33.33%

Thread: PayPal Auto Return

Amazing is offline Senior Member

Default PayPal Auto Return

Has anyone used the PayPal AutoReturn feature? The documentation says that the user don't have to click the "RETURN" to merchant button when complete.

It does require a return URL however, so I'm wondering what to use?
    /checkoutreview.aspx

Also I'd be interested to hear feedback on PayPal vs PayPal Express. The only advantage I see between Express and Standard is that customers can change their shipping address when in Paypal... and that may not be a good thing.

Jao is offline Senior Member

The Return URL that should be set is the default.aspx

ceriwholesale is offline Member

Hi Jao, i have tried that and i even used
    paypalok.aspx as a return Url to test but it always gives error saying invalid customers and ordernumber, thanks

best regards,
    edwin

ceriwholesale is offline Member

Hi Jao, i end up just use the paypal IPN and everything seems to be fine now. thanks.
    edwin

SeaBass26 is offline Junior Member

Hi Edwin,

Can you please tell me more about what you did with the PayPal IPN?
    I'm trying to configure PayPal Standard on my website but keep getting the error with invalid customer ID or invalid order number message when coming back to my website... and the order is never completed.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SeaBass26; 04-16-2010 at 11:39 AM.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That can happen if the custom clicks the button to return to the site before PayPal's been able to notify the store of the new order. The best way to avoid this is to set the PayPal.ReturnOKURL AppConfig to a different page than we default it to, like default.aspx. The customer will be sent back to your site after the order completes, but you can let IPN handle the order notification.

SeaBass26 is offline Junior Member

Scott,

I tried what you suggested but I still get the same error.
    I changed the ReturnOKURL AppConfig to default.aspx, and made sure that the other PayPal parameters were correctly setup for PayPal standard (username, password, signature, businessID).

When I place a test order, I'm automatically redirected to my website but it seems that ADNSF is not notified about the new order because my cart still contains the items I put in there and I can't find the order in the admin console.

Why PayPal is not notifying my cart that a new order has been placed?

Thanks.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Check your PayPal account for errors, there's a page in the account that will tell you about any problems they had with IPN or standard order notifications.