Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Is credit card data stored in v8?

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

Question Is credit card data stored in v8?

If it is does this make it non pci compliant?

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Not by default, it is an app config parameter whether to store it or not. I dont remember the param off the top of my head though.

Jao is offline Senior Member

The AppConfig parameter is StoreCCInDB, the decision is still up to the customer if they will want the CC to be stored; however, even if the information is stored, they are completely sealed/hashed/encrypted so no human being could read or tamper it...

usascholar is offline Member

Default V8 Yes.. What about V9 Multi-store?

I recently upgraded to multi-store and found a change.

In V8, you could store the CC for recurring orders, and it was hashed, encrypted etc. And recurring customers called in to update their credit cards, and Admin was able to do it by going in to their billing address in the customer section.

In V9, we try that and their is no CC area in site anymore. So it appears we can't replace the customer's credit card unless we want to force him to buy something from the site.

What is the work around for this?