Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Image swatch cropping

edgewebware is offline Junior Member

Default Image swatch cropping

I have my cart set up to automatically create image swatches. However, I can't figure out why the individual images that build the image swatches are cropped weird. For example, my shirts have the right side and bottoms cut off of them.

It doesn't matter if I have cropping set to true or false in the appconfig. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Jerritte

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Could you take a screen cap and show it here so we can see what exactly it is? If you've set DefaultCrop in the appconfig to false, you have to re-upload/update those pictures there for the changes to take effect. Thanks
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 11-22-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Sure...here's the file. I did delete/reupload the files (several times). I made sure I updated the product as well. No matter what I do, it keeps recreating the exact same file. Well...if I change the SIZE of the image map, it works, but nothing affects the cropping.

Thanks for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The few pixels getting trimmed off of the bottom is the result of a bug in the Microsoft .NET components we use for image resize, there's no way around that. All you can do is use an image that doesn't get quite as close to the bottom of the JPG (have more whitespace/padding at the bottom). You have to make sure however, that the DefaultCrop parameter is set to false. There are also default sizes that can be set for cropping or stretching images of any given size and we have this in our KB.

Also, make sure to activate the license key first.
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 11-24-2009 at 10:36 PM.

OK, thanks for the info. I guess there's no way around the MS bug. I do have the DefaultCrop parameter set to false, but that doesn't affect it in any way at all -- I still get the same swatch image. I did go through all of the appconfig settings for this that you suggested (at least all of them that I could find in ImageResize). None of those affected the image swatch either. Oh...and the license was activates, so that wasn't the issue either.

Thanks