Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How do I change the name of a topic in a drop down menu.

Joey P is offline Member

Default How do I change the name of a topic in a drop down menu.

Across the top of the site is a bunch of links, some of which bring up drop down menus when you move the mouse over them.
    Is there an easy way to change the name of the items in the list? I tried changing the title in the topic it points to, but it changed itself back. I tried go to the String Resource Manager and changed it there but when I changed "Return Policy" to "Store Hours" the drop down menu put !menu.PolicyReturns! in it's place. I changed it back, and all is well, but I'm still trying to figure this out.
    Could someone please explain to me how to either change the name or even better, how to add a topic I created to that drop down menu.
    Thanks
    Joey P

Jao is offline Senior Member

I'm sure there's definitely a way to achieve this, but before we proceed, could you please give us a screen shot of what you're referring to? Let's start from here...

Joey P is offline Member

Better yet, my web address is www.laytonfruitmarket.com If you go across the top menu, some of them will drop down, what I would really like to do is add "Store Hours" to that drop down list............Actually, now that I rethink it, I'll just add the store hours to the "Contact Us" section, that should work, but I would still like to know how to do this.

BTW, if you click on Customer Service, that's where the programmers put our hours. It's pretty hard to find.

Jao is offline Senior Member

I see. Well, that would only take a little bit of tweaking on the {root}/skins/Skin_#/XMLPackages/menuData.xml...