Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Free Shipping Question

jdudley is offline Member

Default Free Shipping Question

Hi, I set a couple of products to free shipping and I have the following appconfigs set

ShippingMethodIDIfFreeShippingIsOn = 1 (ground shipping)
    FreeShippingAllowsRateSelection = True

Also, you should note that I am calculating shipping based on weight. I have a weight table setup in the admin. When I set an item to free shipping it sets ground shipping to FREE which is right. It also allows the customer to choose upgraded shipping which is also right. The problem is that the rates of the upgraded shipping options are the lowest rates in the weight table. So if i give free shipping to a heavy item they can upgrade at the light item prices. Is there a way to fix this. It is like when using free shipping it ignores the weight of the package.

jdudley is offline Member

My version is AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.0.2.5/7.0.2.5 Service Pack 1