Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: SKU/SKU Suffix separator

PDGR is offline Junior Member

Default SKU/SKU Suffix separator

This is driving me crazy - I think I sort of remember reading somewhere that a separator can be designated for SKU and SKU suffixes, but I sure can't find anything on it now.

For example - I want to separate the SKU and the SKU suffix with a period. Like 1234.01 instead of 123401.

Is that possible? Did I imagine something about a separator?

Thanks....

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, considering that the data type of SKU is nvarchar, you could use any acceptable characters, including a dot (.). Everything works perfectly on our local ends. Could you please tell us what version are you on?

PDGR is offline Junior Member

I was sort of thinking that there must be an appconfig setting that would allow me to designate a separator for SKU/SKU suffix. Sort of like the appconfig setting that allows me to designate the breadcrumb separator. I may be imagining that....

I do not want to store a separator as part of the SKU or SKU suffix. For all sorts of reasons, chiefly because it's not actually part of the number.

So - if I've got a product with SKU 1234 that's the value I want to store in the SKU. A variant might have a SKU suffix of 01 and that's what I'd want to store. Not .01. As it is right now, the SKU/SKU suffix gets displayed as 123401. I need to put a period in between, but only at the presentation layer.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by PDGR; 11-20-2009 at 06:49 AM.