Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: PayPal/Paypal Express / Order#

Amazing is offline Senior Member

Default PayPal/Paypal Express / Order#

How can we send the Order# so it shows up in the Paypal "Shopping Cart Contents".

Currently the only thing that shows on the payment side is under Item which says "<Companyname> Purchase" with Qty 1. There is a blank Options column in the table, which I assume could send over some variables or something?

Any help is appreciated.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, as far as I know, the Order Number is also being sent out to the PayPal as a description. PayPal also has its own unique ordering number that is entirely different from ours.

Amazing is offline Senior Member

Ok maybe this is a question for PayPal then...

It does show up on the customers side (details of transaction), but if you are solely looking at the transaction in the merchants PayPal account it doesn't seem to appear.

Thanks.

Jao is offline Senior Member

As much as I'd like to help you out but that is something we don't have a control. This is surely PayPal's. The store only pass the requirements asked by PayPal's API and then we let it off to their care and we simply wait for their notification if the transaction is approved or rejected.