Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about SEName loading

baba is offline Senior Member

Default Question about SEName loading

Hi,

We load the data through a 3rd party import process. We have done this to a dozen of store front sites and works good.

But for this site alone , when we load the data and hit the reset cache button, only 2 products SEName are loaded. Others are null. Are we missing something here.

My understanding is that, when reset cache is cliced, if you dont have a SEName it will populate from the product name field? IS that correct?

However if i go to the admin --> store maintenance and click reset all product SENames everything loads prefectly.

Here is what i am trying to figure out.
    1) Is reset Cache will create a SEName for you?
    2) if SEName = product name (without special characters) howcome SEName in DB is 150 in length and Product Name is 400 characters long?
    3) If a product has no SEName or null, we cannot view that product until you reset the SEName?
    4) Is there any appconfig that deals with SEName.

Thanks
    Baba
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

Louie is offline Senior Member

Is Caching Is in the admin set to On? If there are changes needed to be done or an import is in process it is recommended to set this to Off and then perform a Reset Cache. When everything is running in order turn it back to On.

Thanks for the reply.Sure. I will try that.

One thing we do differently for this project is we dont have category for any of the products. All the products are tied to the manufacturer. Is this an issue. Do we need atleast one dummy category for a product?

Thanks
    Baba
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

Louie is offline Senior Member

Yes, that is true products are tied to manufacturer and not categories. You should be able to import with any category on it.

ceriwholesale is offline Member

HI Baba, just a question, which 3rd party import process do you use? i found the excel import very limited but i don't think i know enough to learn the WSI process. If there is a 3rd party software out there that can let us import most of the fields that will be great, thanks.

best regards,
    edwin

sorry it is not a 3rd party import process... its our own inhouse import process since we have a couple of additional tables other than the standard storefront.
    Take Care

B-A-B-A