Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: All variants get ordered with one click?

singproinc is offline Member

Default All variants get ordered with one click?

I've added a short-term $0.00 promotional download product with 4 variants.

When one variant is added to the cart, the display page which displays the 4 variants (product.variantsintablecondensed.xml.config) enters a quantity of 1 to all 4 variants. The cart indicates correctly that only the one variant has been added.

Although it's free so nothing is lost, the idea is to get people comfortable with my site & checkout, and this has the opposite effect.

I'm not even sure where to start looking at this. Any ideas? I've scrubbed the product entry pages and can't find anything.

I'm using CODE/DB, ADNSF ML vs. 7.1.1.0/7.1.1.0

Louie is offline Senior Member

Correct me if I am wrong but would you like to automatically add the other 3 variants when one is selected. Is that what your trying to do? What you could do from here is create a hidden category and then add products in it but this time have it similar to your variants from your original product. It is like cloning your product variant to a new product(This means one variant of original product is equal to one new product in the hidden category). And then from here you could map your newly created product as a required product from your original one. See this link http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ttributes.aspx for more reference.

We are doing this in this way if you don't want to do any customization as the requires product needs a product ID and not a Variant ID. You could also do some modification in your code if you would like to replace the require product to apply a variant ID instead of using the Product ID.

singproinc is offline Member

I would NOT like to have the others automatically added. The product page with the 4 variants incorrectly shows that when 1 variant has been added, that they all have been added. The cart shows it correctly with the proper variants added, but the product page immediately shows all with the same quantity, when only one of them has been selected.

I want customers to be able to select just the variant or variants they want, and have the product page indicate correctly, just like the cart.

I notice that you mentioned cloning; I created these variants by entering the first one, then cloning that one for the next 3 and editing the titles & download locations etc. Could that be a reason this is happening?
    Last edited by singproinc; 11-19-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: additional info